CHILD's play CLINIC
More About Rae
Rae lectures extensively on the topics of Development, Play, Sensory Processing, Therapeutic Listening & Handwriting. Listed below are some of the organizations in Connecticut where she has presented:
* SPED NET - New Canaan, CT
* KING Academy - Stamford, CT
* YWCA STEPS- Darien - Darien, CT
* Babies 101, Parasol Inc. - Fairfield, CT
* Friends of the Westport Library - Westport, CT
* Mother's of Multiples (MOMS) - Fairfield County
* Five Mile River Nursery School - Rowayton, CT
* Bethany Nursery School - Bethany, CT
* Methodist Nursery School - Fairfield, CT
* New Canaan Public Schools - New Canaan, CT
* Connecticut Early Childhood Education Council
* Darien Public Schools - Darien, CT
* Landmark Academy - Westport, CT
* Landmark Academy - Redding, CT
* Ridgefield Academy - Ridgefield, CT
* SCOPES - Stamford, CT
* CT Valley Early Childhood Professional Development
Completed Master's Level coursework in Applied Psychology from Fairfield University.
Certified by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. She has also completed coursework for Sensory Integration and Praxis Test Certification (SIPT).
Rae served as an Assistant Adjunct Professor of Occupational Therapy at Quinnipiac University.
Rae contributed her expertise to articles regarding sensory motor and general child development for Parent's Magazine, Children's and Families Magazine - the publication for the National Head Start Association and Pearson Educational Textbooks. Expert Medical Contributor regarding child development and age appropriate toys for Celebrity Baby Trends & Rachel Florio-Urso.
Consultant for the prestigious KING Academy assisting in the design of Sensory Compliments & Sensory Diets to support the skills of their outstanding staff and the learning of their students in all facets of curriculum. Handwriting Curriculum Design Consultant for Ridgefield Academy, Landmark Academies of Westport and Redding, KING Academy and Darien Public Schools. Consultant for the Westport Children's Library Toy Lending Program. Sensory Motor Room Design Consultant for the redevelopment of the New Canaan YMCA. Private consultant for New Canaan Public Schools, Wilton Public Schools, Fairfield Public Schools, Stamford Public Schools, Darien Public Schools, Trumbull Public Schools and Ansonia Public Schools.
Rae received her Bachelor's degree of Science with high honors, from Boston University.
Rae has completed extensive professional training in the following areas: Sensory Processing, Sensory Defensiveness, Sensory Diet Design, Arousal & Regulation, Astronaut Protocol, Reflex Integration Therapy, Entry Level and Advanced Level Therapeutic Listening, "The Alert Program", Sensory Motor Feeding Therapy Approach designed by Lori Overland, SLP, Oral Motor Assessment & Treatment, Floor Time Approach, Myofascial Release. She has been in pediatric practice for over 20 years.